Medicinal plants are everywhere; their gifts are surrounding us all the time. This course is about learning how to recognize and connect; grow and use herbs. It is about remembering a practical knowledge of down-to-earth ways of using plants, but also to introduce what may be a new way of perceiving the whole healing process.
In this Medicinal Plant Course led by Marcus Veysey there are 20 hours of theory and practical work covering topics from gardening practices and remedy making to meditation with plants and Flower Essences. With more and more people in the world wanting to reconnect with something more natural, this course offers an holistic view towards Healing and a fresh perspective to working with medicinal plants that Marcus has gained over twenty years experience.
“The purpose for me is that I would like everyone to leave feeling confident about working with herbs; to find the enthusiasm to experiment and explore more. I want people to remember their connection to the earth and practice it; to carry on learning but with plants and nature as their teachers as well.” Marcus Veysey
This course covers;
- Our spiritual connection to plants and nature- Conscious meditation exercises to connect to plants individually and to enhance sensitivity and intuition.
- Ayurvedic herbal diagnosis- discovering personal doshas and understanding the tastes of plants and their medicinal properties from an ayurvedic viewpoint.
- Cultivation, propagation and conscious gardening practices- Four main propagation methods, understanding soils, composting, and the elemental effects on plants. esoteric practices that increase plant potency of personal remedies.
- Herbal harvesting, storing and drying- basic understandings of how to collect and keep plant medicine safe for future use.
- Making individual and generic herbal remedies- here we will prepare hands on remedies both for personal use and for generic purposes such as infusions, decoctions, tinctures, infused oils, salves and poultices. This is hands on practical work.
- An introduction to Flower essences and the psychological power of herbs, discovering personal flower essences and how to make a sun infusion.
For more information please see our Medicinal Plants Course page.