Bring a Group
The Yoga Forest is a unique sanctuary perfect for hosting retreats and workshops. We can accommodate groups of up to 25 people in shared and private accommodations, including mini circus tents and BYO camping options.
- We book retreat weeks - so there is a minimum of 7 nights to reserve for a group, and rates start at US$50 per person per night for shared accommodation. There may be some exceptions to the 7 night minimum, but rates will be higher!
- For every 8 students/ retreat participants, 1 facilitator will receive free room and board. For 14 students/ retreat participants, 2 facilitators will receive free room and board. For 18 students/ retreat participants, 3 facilitators will receive free room and board.
- Tuition: You can set the tuition (any part of the price that exceeds the room and food package) at whatever you like. Please contact us for details on our room and food package.
- Deposit: $500 non-refundable deposit to reserve dates and cover the venue hire. 50% payment 30 days prior to the retreat and full payment 14 days before the start of the retreat.
- All inquiries, registration, bookings are to be handled by the retreat leader, however we can provide this service to you at an additional cost.
The Yoga Forest will provide for your group;
- Three vegetarian meals daily
- Natural ecological shared or private accommodations for your guests
- Use of one of our two yoga/ workshop spaces
- One complimentary sauna for your group
- Help coordinating private transportation
- Complimentary group escorts to/from town for arrival, departure and one excursion during your retreat
- Help coordinating extra activities for the retreat; hikes, plant baths, Mayan ceremony, cacao ceremony, sound bath, Kirtan, Ecstatic dance...
- Posting of your retreat on our website
- Event listing and details on our Facebook page
- Photos of The Yoga Forest will be provided for you to help market your retreat
- We will accommodate the dietary requirements of your group and can adapt menus to your needs. Our food is made fresh daily, using much of our own organic produce and that of local growers in our area.
Shiva Temple - Photography thanks to Tamia Hurtado and Magnetico
The Shiva Temple is a 10m high bamboo structure next to our little waterfall and pools. Water runs in the wet season constantly and you can expect the magical sounds of water flowing through your classes. This Temple space is circular and can fit 23 people practicing yoga in a circle, with two or three teachers in the middle. Equipped with yoga mats, straps, blocks, bolsters and acro yoga/Thai massage mats.
The Shiva Temple features a Dj setup in the small triangle above the entrance, perfect for our weekly Temple Dance with up to 50 people for an Ecstatic Dance party. The 10m high roof features aerial circus silks and is a perfect space for aerial workshops.
Shakti Shala - Photography Thanks to Alex Markow and Shelby Soblick
The Shakti Shala is our newest enclosed workspace space at the forest, offering a protected space during windy or rainy seasons. Incredible views look out to Lake Atitlán, the space is decorated with beautiful Guatemala textiles, features a large altar and goddess mural on the wall. Set up with whiteboards, complete props for sitting, relaxing or for yoga, this is the perfect space for any class you have planned. Equipped with yoga mats, straps, blocks, bolsters, and instruments, this is our favorite space for bhakti yoga.
This space can accommodate up to 25 practicing yoga, in two rows of 10, with three teachers up front or up to three rows of 9 people with one teacher in front for absolute maximum capacity. 25 people can be accommodated in a circle around the outside edge of the Shala, perfect for cacao or sound ceremonies with the facilitators in the center. Seated capacity of 50 for kirtan or classroom workshops. With the three double bamboo beams running across the roof, there is space for eight aerial yoga hammocks for classes, retreats or teacher trainings.
We would love to help you create the perfect retreat for your guests. Let us know what ideas you have and we would be happy to work with you to arrange it. A short housekeeping tour is given upon arrival for guests. If you would like, we also can offer a forest tour talking about the history and intention of The Yoga Forest, the Permaculture practices currently in place, lake history, local community projects etc.
Check out the video of our very first retreat at The Yoga Forest after opening in 2013, so many changes have occurred since, but you might like it anyway!- Ignite Your Journey - A New Years Yoga Retreat in 2013/2014 with Jessi Luna & Kelsey Crane. Thanks to Fabian Productions.
RETREAT DATE AVAILABILITY
Smaller Groups Up to 12 people - Sep 25-Oct 2 / Oct 2-9 / Nov 5-12 / Nov 13-20 / Nov 21-28 / Nov 28- Dec 5
Large groups of 12-25 people - Sep 16-25
Smaller Groups Up to 12 people - Mar 19-31 / Apr 1-15 / Apr 1-8 / Jul 15-29 / Jul 31-Aug 9 / Nov 1-Dec 1 / Dec 4-13
Large groups of 12-25 people - Sep 12-19 / Sep 20-27 / Sep 28-Oct 2
From September 2018, we will be double hosting retreat groups. The first retreat booking confirmed will have first choice of reserving accommodations and yoga/workshop spaces.
If you are interested in bringing a group for any of these available dates, please fill out the contact form and we will get back to you shortly!